We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place Stanislas -- and also the fun fair!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Place Stanislas -- and also the fun fair!

First of all, I have to admit that if I did not make a studious visit to Nancy, it is because it is part of my "ancestral zone" so I sort of consider it to be home turf. So I don't really study the books about exactly what I should see and do in such a city.

However, I tried to make the following serious photo report about Place Stanislas, which is the prime sight of the city: anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

But from Place Stanislas, I could also see the ferris wheel of the Foire de Nancy, so I was compelled to go over there and make another photo report: anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

However, I assure all of you that there are plenty more things to see when you go to Nancy!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place Stanislas -- and also the fun fair!

Just letting anybody interested know that it is that time of year again!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place Stanislas -- and also the fun fair!

I was in Nancy last weekend and saw the "son-et-lumière" show on Place Stanislas, so I added it to my report.

And I also made a new report about the Art Nouveau houses of Nancy: www.anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place Stanislas -- and also the fun fair!

Kerouac2: thank you for these posts which I am "keeping alive" by replying in January 2014!

We are planning a visit to our friends in Burgundy in April and are thinking about travelling from Calais to Nancy and the Lorraine region for a few days before we can meet up with them. We will stop off somewhere for 1 or 2 nights before we reach Nancy and will have another 5-6 nights to stay in or near the city.

I know it is probably not the most direct journey, but this is one corner of France that we have yet to discover. We have visited France many times in the past and so we thought we would take an opportunity to travel a different route.

For the return journey, we will probably travel via Troyes (which we have visited before but a long time ago).

Beautiful photographs by the way!!

Edited: 25 January 2014, 16:55
4. Re: Place Stanislas -- and also the fun fair!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Nancy