We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to switzerland help

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to switzerland help

Hi everyone,

There are four of us family (2 adult 2 children age 2 and 3month ) travelling by car from Dunkirk to Fribourg Switzerland, After leaving From London we head through France to Belgium or the French motorway which ever way my Satnav choose!

Should we book hotel in advance for one night half way point in Troys or Near that area as it would be half way point I don't have a definite plan as we hope to stop and enjoy places as we feel the urge and be guided by the recommendations of fellow travellers.

I would love some guidance as to the availability of accommodation in 19 August and possible amazing places to visit in a day then head straight to switzerland for a wedding ceremony. Most hotels we checked don't allow more than three ppl in a room due to fire regulation even for if they are baby!

Thanks for your thoughts

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Dunkirk
Dunkirk
Nord, France
Fribourg
Fribourg
Canton of Fribourg, Switzerland
London
London
England, UK
France
France
Europe
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
17,238 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to switzerland help

hi

have a look at www.viamichelin.com for routing using avoid tolls to see how much longer for the whole trip or only for short sections. this will also calculate tolls if you go with toll roads.

I would never let my satnav tell me where to go. I input short destinations to keep it going where I want to go, using a paper map to get the names of destinations.

i use www.trivago.fr as it allows to filter results using 2 children this is what i found for Troyes http://tinyurl.com/lfwdxfa

2. Re: Driving to switzerland help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15