We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour De France in Albi 2013

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Tour De France in Albi 2013

Hi

We are staying in Tarn for the first week of July & would like to watch the stage of the Tour de France that ends in Albi. Any suggestions as to good places to watch - either in Albi itself or for the few miles miles south? Any advice on practicalities would be a great help i.e. how far in advance do they close the road?

Mentioned in this post
Tarn
Tarn
Occitanie, France
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,297 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour De France in Albi 2013

I have watched the Tour in France recently, not around Albi. The roads on which the riders will come are closed to traffic several hours in advance. Pedestrians can still cross until perhaps an hour or two before the 'caravane' of support and sponsor's vehicles comes by, then the road remains closed until 30 - 60 minutes after the last Tour riders and vehicles have gone.

In cannot recommend a place to watch in that area, not knowing the exact route, but in general if you want a spot near the finish you would need to be there two, maybe three hours in advance. Outside of town, the first job is to find a parking space - unless you cycled from the station as I have done in the past.

2. Re: Tour De France in Albi 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Albi