We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week with children (9,6) near Cahors

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Week with children (9,6) near Cahors

I will be staying in a small town called Larnagol near Cahors. If anyone has some intersting info to offer to what I have already found I would be happy to read it. It looks like a lovely area

santa fe, NM
Level Contributor
187 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week with children (9,6) near Cahors

We loved our stay in Cahors. It is a fab area. Our kids especially liked the day we drove west from Cahors along the river. We stopped at one of the many river beaches that the road parallels and picniced and played for a couple of hours before continuing on to the Chateau de Bonaguil which was awesome!

We saw several places to rent canoes upstream of Cahors and the river looked excellent!

Also don't forget to visit the Grotte de Pech Merle (we combined that visit with St. Cirq lapopie). Further afield to the north: our kids loved Sarlat and the Grotte de Padirac; we drove past Rocamador but were turned off by the crowds.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week with children (9,6) near Cahors

Thanks for your response. It will come in handy for June. Did you come down from Paris by train by chance or perhaps drive?

santa fe, NM
Level Contributor
187 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week with children (9,6) near Cahors

We drove... via La Rochelle (which we loved) and Perigueux (ditto). But those roads were very slow. Pretty, but slow. The A-20, though, should be quite fast.

4. Re: Week with children (9,6) near Cahors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Cahors
Recent Conversations