We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

atlanta
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

We are staying in St. Sulpice and traveling by plane from Paris. Problem is we don't drive in France and would like to find reputable driver for airport transfer to and from Rodez. Anyone have contacts? We don't do trains because will have too much luggage (art supplies) so we also need a large car or van. Any help appreciated!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

If you mean the St Sulpice near Toulouse, it's about 80 miles from Rodez and will cost you a lot.

The airport website lists several local taxi companies but with telephone numbers only

aeroport-rodez.fr/en/…

I found an English language websites with 'recommendations' for pre-booked private transfer

languedoc-holiday-guide.com/rodez/transfers.…

I hope that helps

atlanta
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

thank you....will check it out....turns out, we are going to arrive in Brive and need to find same for transport from Brive to St. Sulpice.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

Brive is even more distant - around 120 miles.

Do you have an option to fly to Toulouse? That's only 20 miles from St Sulpice.

Using a low cost airline (which I am assuming) to Rodez or Brive is all very well, but then any saving may be lost with the cost of an expensive transfer.

atlanta
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

The data that comes with our house says toulouse is much farther than 20 miles...I will double check but it says it is about 2 hour drive.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

There is more than one place called St Sulpice or Saint Sulpice so maybe the one I thought of just to the north of Toulouse isn't the one you are heading for!

Seems we need to correctly identify the location. Do you have postcode perhaps?

I have found at least three St Sulpices near Toulouse, one near Bordeaux and one in Switzerland!

atlanta
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

Yes this one is closer to Bordeaux, in Lot near Dordogne and about an hours drive south of Brive. The zip code is 46160. So far, I haven't found out anything. Going to now check to see if the caretaker of our house can rent a car and pick us up. Still looking for professional driver, though.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

Ah! This would probably be the one near the Parc Naturel Régional des Causses du Quercy.

Middle of nowhere is I think an appropriate description.

Good luck.

France
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

Yes, that St Sulpice is on the river Cele and probably a 2 hour transfer from Brive. It is 95km. t isn't a place to stay without a car, there are no buses and nearest train is Cahors. It is very pretty but no shops or anything. Maybe you need to rethink driving, it is quiet here and the roads are not busy except in August. Was there a specific reason you didn't want to drive?

Taxis are expensive here and need to be booked well in advance. Don't think you can fly in and find one at the airport. Happy to help with more advice if you need it.

9. Re: Need airport transfer from Rodez to St Sulpice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Cahors
Recent Conversations