We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Lourdes by train?

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice to Lourdes by train?

Hello,

I'm just wondering, can we make it a day trip from Nice to Lourdes? How far by train is it between the 2 cities? If possible, we'd love to take a day trip to Lourdes if we can from Nice-we'll be in Nice for a whole week. Thanks!

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Lourdes by train?

It's about an 8 or 9 hour train ride from Nice to Lourdes, via Marseilles and Toulouse on the TGV changing at Toulouse to a slower train. Frankly, from my point of view, you won't miss much if you don't visit the town of Lourdes. It is an ugly tourist trap. A nice day trip from Nice that would take you away from the coast would be to Grasse. The perfume capital is only 42km away from Nice(about half an hour's drive)and we found to to be a very interesting place to spend some time and a very different experience than coastal cities on the Med. No train that I know of, but if you don't have a car, there is a daily bus.

Oceanside
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Lourdes by train?

I've been to both Lourdes and Nice, but not from one to the other. Check out flights from Nice to Toulousse to save time, since a trip to Lourdes is more like a 3 day trip, even by air. Far from a tourist trap for most visitors who went home cured of previously known or unkown health conditions (either incurable or costing thousands to cure back home)and who don't mind leaving behind a fraction of their toursit budget for generally underpriced food and accomodations and the company of some of the friendliest people in France or anywhere in the world. If you'd like to possibly live longer and healthier while appreciating Lourdes and its picturesque setting next to snow capped mountain peaks and spring fed rivers, visit Lourdes this trip or the next. A thankful, healthier Lourdes visitor.

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Lourdes by train?

Part of the moving experience in Lourdes is the candlelight procession at night, you cannot join in if based in Nice.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Lourdes by train?

Thank you for your responses!

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
829 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to Lourdes by train?

I would never recommend a day trip to Lourdes. To truly experience the essence of what Lourdes is about you should stay at least 3 nights. Please make the effort, and assuming you go in the right frame of mind you will leave a better person for it. True, there are lots of shops selling tacky souvenirs,but once inside the domain it's a totally different world.

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice to Lourdes by train?

How about to Mirepoix? How long is train from Nice to Toulouse?

Casa

Get answers to your questions about Lourdes