We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Pau to Lourdes

London
1 post
Save Topic
Transport from Pau to Lourdes

I want to know whether there is any train servise running between Pau airport and Lourdes (Lourdes airport or any other station near the sanctuaries). If not, what is the most economical way to reach Lourdes from Pau.

L Alwis

London, England
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

Yes there is. I can't give you exact details but I did this a few months ago. Came out of Pau airport and there was a small bus waiting to go into Pau. Bought a bus ticket and I'm pretty sure we were dropped at the station. (About 25 minutes.) Then, the train fare was something like Ãã8. (A further 45 minutes/one hour, I think, on the train to Lourdes.)

Sorry to be vague but to answer you question: Yes, the connections are there. T. Dean

Wicklow
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

First you'll need to get to Pau train station from Pau Airport. There is a shuttle bus which leaves the airport at 16:30 local time. As you exit (the very small) airport turn right and the coach will be waiting - it costs 5 Euro per person (pay on board) and takes 45 mins, stopping first at Pau city centre (Centre Ville). When you get to Pau train station you may have to ask which train stips at Lourdes station - the bulletin board will list all trains and their destinations only - we got the 17:35 Toulouse train which we were told stoped at Lourdes, it was the second stop and took 30 mins second class,- don't bother paying for first class. (We eneded up getting the Paris TGV on the return trip from Lourdes to Pau. On the TGV you're given seat numbers (printed on your ticket) and a carriage number (voiture). Have a look at the information board on the platform - the trains always stop at the same point at the station so it tells you where to stand to board the correct carriage.) Once at Lourdes train station it should be no more than ten mins by taxi to your accomodation as most of the hotels are close to the Sanctuary - taxi cost us 11 Euro for 3 adults and 4 children! On the return leg to Lourdes staion our taxi driver told us a taxi fare from direct to Pau airport would have cost us 68 Euro - definitely the better option if you're travelling with small children!

home
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

i want to know howmach to pau to lourdes and howlong vogage

london
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

Not from Pau airport,From airport taxi to Pau Staion then from there to lourdes Appx 20 euro to staion. From Pau to lourdes by train Appx 5 euro

Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

I just got back from Lourdes. I arrived at Pau airport. The only options are taking a taxi directly to Lourdes for about 80 euros or taking a taxi to the train station and taking a train to Lourdes.

I took the second option and found it very expensive. The taxi from the airport to the train station was about 30 euros and from 7 to 10 euros for the train.

Thus, the trip took an extra 80 euros. Next time I will go to Tarbes or take the train directly from Paris. I think it would definitely be cheaper.

In any case, Lourdes is worth visiting, the sanctuary is heavenly.

John H.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

Yes the Lourdes/Tarbes airport is definitely closer.

Pau is 35 miles from Lourdes, in case anyone is wondering.

FYI One-way train fare from Paris to Lourdes is anything between 22 Euros and 99 Euros (depending on many factors!) and journey time about 7 hours.

stonington CT
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

when you say the taxi from pau airport to lourdes is 80 euros is that per person? We will be traveling with 4 adults. thanks for time.

London
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

80 Euros per taxi.

Groningen
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

One stupid question.

Do you think there will still be a taxi if we arrived at Pau airport at around 22.00?

Thanks in advance!

-wisnu-

London
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Pau to Lourdes

There probably will still be a taxi but it's probably safest to order one in advance.

Get answers to your questions about Lourdes
Recent Conversations