We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Lourdes, France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Hello,

All the team of the tourist office of Lourdes is here to answer your questions concerning your stay in our city. Do not hesitate to contact us on this forum or on our page Facebook https: // www.facebook.com / lourdes.tourisme if you need informations.

windsor
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

On June 12th we will be staying in Pau on our way to Toulouse. My first idea was to visit Lourdes the following day on our way to Toulouse. Now I am thinking that leaving a car full of luggaage while we tour Lourdes, not such a wise idea. I am now thinking that perhaps we should visit Pau during the better part of the day, and then go with an empty car to Lourdes in the later afternoon. I read somewhere that there is parking at the train station. Is there a cost? Would we be able to visit and see the main sights within three hours or should we give ourselves more time? Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,757 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

What do you consider "the main sites"? If that's the Grotto inside the Domaine, I think that would be doable. The train station is a nice quick walk down to the Domaine. I don't know how late you plan to stay but you can even try to take in the Candle light procession which is usually around 8:30PM. It is very moving. If you have the time and love good food, our favourite restaurant Alexandra is just along the way down hill. Reservations are necessary. I do not know the cost of parking. There is also a large multi story parking lot beside the Hotel Padoe. I can't however guarantee a parking lot.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
874 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Lourdes has a complicated one-way street system, and because many streets are pedestrianised, it can be confusing and time-consuming getting around by car in congested areas. I'm advised by word of mouth that there is parking at the station, but I'm guessing that it is limited, and not too cheap. Although there are many places to park within walking distance on the outskirts, especially off the rue de Pau, I'm afraid there is no such thing as free parking in lourdes.

Would you not consider taking the train and treating yourself to an overnight stay? If so, pm me your email address. I can send you a suggested schedule for day pilgrims. A few hours in Lourdes will leave you with only a limited impression of what the place is all about, and I would almost guarantee that once you are there, you will wish you had planned to stay longer.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Hi

Please let me know if there is public transport from Lourdes to Tarbes, and the cost of tickets also please let me know what to see and do in Tarbes .Is there a guided tour from Lourdes to Tarbes.

Thank you

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
874 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

I suggest you post your query in the Tarbes travel forum and while you're there the post dated August 16, 2011

Edited: 26 May 2014, 13:39
London
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Please let me know if there is free disabled parking near to the Ibis centre gare hotel.

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,757 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Have you tried contacting the hotel. They would be in the best position to tell give you that kind of information.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Yes-there is no free parking.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

Hi

Please let me know if there are any big supermarkets near Lourdes and if there is a bus that goes there.

Thank you

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
874 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: The tourist office in Lourdes answers your questions

The Monoprix is located near the town square where the daily farmers market is also held. Although this is within walking distance from the Sanctuary, you can also take the Citibus from St. Joseph's gate entrance.

Get answers to your questions about Lourdes