We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels very near to the grotto

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels very near to the grotto

May I have some recomendations for a 3 star, good clean hotel very near to the grotto? Something which comes with breakfast is good.

thank ou

London
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

There are many hotels in Lourdes that are pretty close to the Sanctuaries. Popular ones near St Joseph's Gate are Ste Rose, St Sauveur, Padoue, Roissy. Most hotels can offer everything up to and including full board.

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Saint Sauveur
Saint Sauveur
377 Reviews
Lourdes, France
Hotel Padoue
Hotel Padoue
161 Reviews
Lourdes, France
Hotel Roissy
Hotel Roissy
228 Reviews
Lourdes, France
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
943 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

I avoid giving recommendations for particular hotels since it's a subjective thing, however you can also take a look here for a selection near the entrance to the Sanctuaries. www.hotelsvinuales.com/index.php?&langue=3

For information that may help you during your stay in Lourdes, please check the FAQ on the right hand column of this page under "Top Questions about Lourdes'

Edited: 10 January 2013, 13:37
Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

Hotel Gallia Londres is very close to the Gate. FWIW, hotels in Lourdes are not the plush luxury ones you find in bigger cities as they cater more to the pilgrim, they will be clean and efficient, but do not expect the equivalent of a 3star in , say, Paris. The Moderne was renovated in 08 and close to the gate. I have referred a few friends there who are fussy travellers and they seemed happy enough.

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
943 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

The Galle Londres and the Modern are in fact 4* hotels.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

They may be 4* according to Lourdes rating but more like 3* in comparison to other places, if I may be so bold to suggest. I have stayed at a few of them and can attest to the fact that they are less luxurious in amenities. If the OP has never been to Lourdes and expects a 3 he may be disappointed with the 3s he finds. So am giving him the option, added to being close to the gate.

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

Thank you very much all!

Think i'm going with hotel roissy.

regards

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

One more question please - are there any hotel rooms with a view of the sanctuaries? Any recommendations?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

One more question please - are there any hotel rooms with a view of the sanctuaries? Any recommendations?

London
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

best to ask the hotel but these rooms would come at a premium. Even if you get a view of the Sanctuaries you will not get a view of the Grotto.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels very near to the grotto

I've booked Ryanair to Lourdes - actually not sure at which airport it lands, tho it says on the ticketat LDE? Is that Tarbes? Pau?

Under the FAQ, I've tried getting a taxi, but am unable to. May I know if there's a email addy for a taxi pick up please? Or is there a bus that I can take to Lourdes town itself?

thanks once again

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Tarbes
Tarbes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Pau
Pau
Communaute d'Agglomeration Pau-Pyrenees, France