We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to lourdes

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
trip to lourdes

If I spend one day in Lourdes what can I see and do. Unfortunately with my travel schedule I can spare only one day in Lourdes.. I got to fly from Paris to Toulouse and spend the day in Lourdes and fly to Rome on the same day. for a conference in Rome.Please note this will be in December.

Ashan

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to lourdes

Please note that in December the tourist season is over. While the Sanctuary remains open for the most part, activities are at a minimum and many places are closed (hotels, restaurants, some stores). You can probably do the bath For more information go to the right hand side of this page and click under Top Questions about Lourdes which will give you all the information you need.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
841 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to lourdes

Are you quite sure that this is doable? Have you actually worked out the timing? Seems very ambitious to me.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 05:44
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to lourdes

OP, to clarify, what time do you expect to arrive in Lourdes and what time are you leaving for Rome? How do you expect to fly to Rome? Do you have that arranged?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,321 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to lourdes

"I got to fly from Paris to Toulouse and spend the day in Lourdes...

The trip itself going that way will take at least 4 hours. Lourdes is 3 hours by bus then train from Toulouse, or about 2 hours drive in a hire car from the airport.

Why not fly to Lourdes-Tarbes airport direct?

5. Re: trip to lourdes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:15