We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lourdes tour guide?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Lourdes tour guide?

Dear TA member

We are planning to visit Lourdes for 2 nights as part of our holiday trip this December 2014 in Europe. We will travel in large group family o 18 people ( adults and their kids and including 1 grandma age 76, )

And I was wondering whether there are a tour guide that could provide transportation to make ease to move in and out 18 people... and getting to the main sites ( the grotto etc)

I've been reading that Lourdes's landmark it self is mostly within walking distance, but since it is in December and I am bringing my mom who despite her high spirit is not such a good walker because of her knee problem.

I know that December is off season for tourist, but it's been her long time wishes that her family will come with her to go to Vatican and Lourdes, and December is the only holiday we can actually gathered. I have been trying to look for more info from my local pilgrimage tour, but they don't have any activities in Lourdes after November.

So, do you guys have any recommendation or any links that would assist me . Thank you for your kind attention

rgds

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,962 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lourdes tour guide?

I feel bad for your mom as December is really not the best time to go to Lourdes as the Pilgrimage Season is over and while the baths are open and so is the Basilica, few other thins are. There will no longer be any Torch light processions which are the highlight of the day. More so many of the hotels are closed for refurbish,net or simply for vacation. Read the carefully prepared FAQ on the right hand side of this page. Explains it all in a nutshell.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lourdes tour guide?

My suggestion would be to contact the Lourdes Tourisme Office to seek their advice and helps. They are generally very responsive via emails.

www.lourdes-infotourisme.com/web/EN/…

Edited: 08 July 2014, 04:14
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
879 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lourdes tour guide?

Lourdes may be extremely cold in December and snow is a possibility. I would be especially concerned for your grandma given the fact that you are coming form a tropical climate.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lourdes tour guide?

Dear All TA Member

Thank you for suggestions, I realize that December is not the best time to go there .... It's what I have been trying to tell her all of this time.

Billy Z, thanks for the link... I will surely contact them and see what they have to say about our situation.

Thanks all

rgds

5. Re: Lourdes tour guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Lourdes
Recent Conversations