We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How should I spit my time between Toulouse and Carcassone

Boston
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How should I spit my time between Toulouse and Carcassone

Hi - I am looking for suggestions on how to spit my time between Toulouse and Carcassone before and after my tour. I will be arriving in Toulouse on Fri 9/28 @ around mid-day. I need to be in Carcassone on Sun 9/30 @ noon to meet my tour. At the end of the tour the following Sun 10/7 I need to be back in Toulouse to catch my early flight.

Any thoughts on how to split the time would be greatly appreciated - on the tour we will be visiting the Cité for a half a day.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Toulouse
Toulouse
Haute-Garonne, France
Mobilboard Toulouse
City Tours, Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Van d'Autan
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Day Trips
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How should I spit my time between Toulouse and Carcassone

As you will be visiting the Cite as part of your tour, I suggest that you spend most of the time before in Toulouse and travel to Carcassonne on Sunday morning - there is a train that leaves Toulouse Matabiau at 9.50 that gets to Carcassonne at 10.31.

The reason for this is that by the time you have got through and from the airport and checked in to your hotel it will be towards the end of the afternoon, so on that day you will really only have enough time to orientate yourself, have a meal and gently recover from the journey. There is plenty to keep you occupied in sightseeing on the Saturday in one of the most individual cities of France.

Mentioned in this post
Toulouse
Toulouse
Haute-Garonne, France
France
France
Europe
Boston
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How should I spit my time between Toulouse and Carcassone

Thanks - do you know if there is a left luggage place at the Carcassone Train Station?

3. Re: How should I spit my time between Toulouse and Carcassone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:18