We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are your plans this year for a visit to this region?

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
What are your plans this year for a visit to this region?

I hope to get over to this region in April, just for the day or maybe a bit longer, for my birthday. I always visit around that time of year for this reason. Hope to visit Abbeville or somewhere else :) I always make sure I get across in December for a christmas market or something.

Edited: 21 February 2012, 19:06
Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are your plans this year for a visit to this region?

well, my plans so far are to go to stella plage in august...i know - august. but i have been before...also have booked a night in calais too.

then down to normandy .dives sur mer / cabourg.

will pop across in december for the christmas markets...( and a few bottles too..)

so there is a few months to fill in between, may is out - flying south..

but still have a list to visit - amiens and cassel just to name 2..

will try a few long weekends if time and budget allows..

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are your plans this year for a visit to this region?

That sounds good :) I'm planning on a couple of day trips later this year, one in April and one in December for the Christmas markets, I always (well for the last 2 years) aim to go over those months. It good to plan early anyway Dave, I sure do :)

I've not been to Amiens yet, or Abbeville, two places I aim to visit soon. Be good when PO ferries use their summer timetable again as I tend to use the half 8 ferry but they don't have the same timings in the winter for obvious reasons as that gives me more time.

3. Re: What are your plans this year for a visit to this region?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:41
Get answers to your questions about Nord-Pas-de-Calais