We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

Hi

Has anyone stayed in this camp? Cannot find any reviews!

Looking to book at the beginnings of June for 3 nights stay in static caravan, any information would be very much appreciated please...

Cheers Cal

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

Camiers would be a decent location for the area (stayed in a hotel there a few times). Couldn't recall a campsite though.

Found this single review on google, auto translated from the french, which gives an indication of the site.

19 Jul 2010

mixed campsite 3 km from the beach, health aging, washing machine and dryer nonexistent, hot water for dishwashing, uh not cold! (According to a maintenance worker, he keeps saying to management that the water is cold but without success), canoeing on a pond of the most hostile, the bar managers who discover the craft, excellent entertainment if we love (petanque, billiards, table football) and finally pool nice but opened by good weather and without wind! in other words not every day!

Also a note on the google info box that 'This place is permanently closed'.

Hope this helps you.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,796 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

About 30 minutes South of Camiers just outside the lovely town of St Valerie sur Somme, you will find Camping Domain de Drancourt. http://www.chateau-drancourt.com/ - click on the UK flag to get into an English version of the site.

This is a lovely campsite. We've stayed there quite a few times and I'm happy to recommend. They have a number of different areas of statics. They also have a lovely restaurant and there is an Intermarche Supermarket 5 minutes drive away.

It is also part of the Castels chain. Only campsites in the grounds of former chateaux may join this chain and the standards are consistently high. We've stayed in quite a few Castels campsites and loved them all.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

We stayed for one night on 30th May 2012. We were camping. The site looked as though it was being refurbished. It's mainly static mobile homes. There was only one ablution block that was open, and although clean it was dated. Don't forget to take your own toilet paper, and toilet seat (there are none). Swimming pool area looked good. Reception staff very helpful.It's a 3-4 min drive into Estaples, an economy supermarket is just off the main road. We would go again for a couple of nights if we were passing that way again,

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

I posted a request for information when I was thinking about booking at this campsite, now that I have stayed here feel that I can review honestly....

Stayed here for 3 nights in June 2012. We booked a three bedroomed (sleeps 6) static caravan. 98 euros, very reasonable!

The day we arrived was able to book in early, as caravan was ready. It was a beautiful Saturday and the heated swimming pool was open. the caravan was very modern and it looked as if we were the first to ever stay in it, pristine... Instant hot water, heating, seating outside, all as the brochure said set in a beautiful pine forest.

Not many people in the camp mainly french people who have permanent caravans there... Everyone very friendly.

Because out of season, no bar, shop, cafe open. No kayaking, in fact didnt look as if any kayaking for a long time, tennis courts very overgrown.

I have taken a lot of photos so you can see for yourselves the facilities.

I would think July & August would be very different, very noisy as caravans close together over a massive site, noise from the swimming pool, kids clubs etc, so personally I was glad I booked for June, very quiet and tranquil.

For the price I payed I was very pleased with everything, the surrounding area is beautiful, the Military cemetary is amazing just down the road from the camp and you must visit La Touquet, a beautiful seaside town, lovely cafes, bars, shopping.

Please browse through my photos, I have tried to cover all areas of the site.

Save Reply
5. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

You say you have pics of site where can I find them

Regards Steve

Save Reply
6. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

You say you have pics of site where can I find them

Regards Steve

7. Re: La Dune Blanche, Village Center Camping in Camiers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nord-Pas-de-Calais