We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of a beer

High Spen, UK
Level Contributor
322 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
price of a beer

A friend has decided that four of us will visit Lille for 3 days this summer, she has booked it without really thinking first! I know it is an expensive place so I need to save up a bit. Can anyone tell me the average price of a beer and how much the price can vary between touristy places and off the beaten track type places? Also how much we can expect to pay for a meal? (we are vegetarians but that is a whole other issue!)

Thanks.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price of a beer

Drink prices vary so much that it's difficult to give exact prices.

There's a site called Pricepint.com that gives prices of beer in Lille and they vary from £2.13 to £5.50.

Touristy places will charge more than a Tabac down a side street but you don't get the benefit of 'people watching' down some alley way - or are you only going to Lille to get bladdered?

For vegetarian meals look at La Source (€9 - €16), Layalina (€15 - €30), La Riziere and Cafe Citoyen.

High Spen, UK
Level Contributor
322 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price of a beer

ha ha no, we live in Newcastle so no need to go away to drink too much! We are actually relatively refined, not planning on getting drunk at all really, more going to see the sights and chill out. Thanks for the veg links!

3. Re: price of a beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 06:17