We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would Lille be like on the 15th August (Assomption)?

Kent
Level Contributor
364 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
What would Lille be like on the 15th August (Assomption)?

I have often visited France on the 15th August just to see the assomption festivities, however, I wouldn't mind doing it in Lille this time. I went to Calais for two years in a row and they shut the roads and have markets everywhere. Is this the same for Lille? Is there a lot going to be going on?

Thanks in advance.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What would Lille be like on the 15th August (Assomption)?

I float on the Nord Pas De Calais forums daily, apparently my most activity in forums are Calais than Dover which was a bit amusing.

I haven't been to France since September 11, might go again in December.

Kent
Level Contributor
364 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What would Lille be like on the 15th August (Assomption)?

Ah December's a good time. Strangely I prefer northern France in the winter!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What would Lille be like on the 15th August (Assomption)?

I quite like my winter visits too, although both my December ones have been a see on the day. December 2011 I had a stomach bug and wasn't that good until end of the week when my trip was so was better for that, and December 2010 had heavy snow up to the day I left and roads where blocked, but the day I went over gales came and heavy rain, I wasn't sure to begin with I would get there due to the snow, but it melted and than had an hour delay due to force 9, but anyway.

I went November last year and February 2012 and 2013, so I do like my winter trips. Just wrap up warm! I go for the Christmas markets and the visit to the Cite Europe.

14. Re: What would Lille be like on the 15th August (Assomption)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lille
Recent Conversations