We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lille Day Trip in October

Surbiton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Lille Day Trip in October

We're travelling London to Lille just for the day at the beginning of October and would love some recommendations for shopping, sightseeing and where to go for lunch and dinner.

3 girls - all aged 29.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

The McArthur Glenn centre, and all other main shopping centres, are closed on Sundays.

If you still want to come into the centre of Lille, there are several metro stations with free car parks

See

…transpole.fr/upon-your-arrival/park-and-rid…

for details. where you can also find information on fares.

Kent
Level Contributor
378 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

If you haven't gone already, try the Creperie De La Vielle Bourse. It's a really nice place to stop for a drink. The FNAC is huge, but French mainly entertainment. Then you have Galeries Lafayette, which isn't as good as the Paris one, but is still really nice. Anything else? I've been there twice in the past year alone and am happy to help.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

I am also travelling to LIlle on 17th October for business, I will be there overnight can you suggest anywhere that will be open from 22.00hrs when my meeting is due to finish.

Surbiton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

Thanks for all the advice - we had a lovely day in Lille!

Kent
Level Contributor
378 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

You're going to find it reasonably easy for a restaurant to serve past 9:30 really. But, as the French eat later than the English generally, you can get them saying they close at 10:30 or so. The Royale for example, a highly rated restaurant, is 'open' until 10:30pm, but that doesn't mention last orders. La Fossette is open until 11pm, a highly rated Italian restaurant also. I guess you'd need to ring to see last orders. Sorry I can't be more help.

http://www.lafossetta.fr/

http://www.la-royale-lille.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

Where will you be staying?

In the city centre, the Brasserie Le Napoleon, the Taverne Flamande and Les Trois Brasseurs opposite the Gare Lille Flandres all serve food until about midnight.

There are also many restaurants in and around Place Rihour and Place General De Gaulle, including La Chicoree, which is right by the metro station at Rihour and will be open until 04:30 the following morning.

The metro runs until about 12:15am if you need to get back to a hotel which is a bit further away.

Edited: 15 October 2013, 17:01
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

thanks for the info visited the gallery lafayette it was ok. Had a nice meal in town reviewed the restaurant

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

Glad you liked Le Palais De La Biere. It is owned by the same people who own the Cafe Le Napoleon two doors down.

All the bars around the Gare Lille Flandres serve reasonably priced meals, with a plat du jour around €10, and also good beer. Pretty much everyone you meet will speak English, as Lille gets many English speaking tourists thanks to Eurostar.

I am going to be in Lille over the new year, and will be staying at the Hotel Flandre Angleterre, which is in between the Palais De La Biere and the Taverne Flamande next door.

19. Re: Lille Day Trip in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:18