We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus or train

Which Lille hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
bus or train

staying in Lille to watch a couple of stages of Le Tour, so no 1 its the finish in Lille, no2 start in Ypres and no 3 start in Arras, or finish in Arenberg?, Reims? is it better/ easier to get to via train or bus?, not bothered about speed or comfort etc as long as i have a good day in these towns highlighted with some cycling ( viewing! ) Any suggestions???

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: bus or train

It would be better to go by train, if only because any bus services in the area are likely to be disrupted by road closures for the Tour De France. All the places you mention except Arenberg are accessible from Lille by train, although you may have to change. For Arenberg, you have to take the train from Lille to Valenciennes, and then a combination of tram and bus.

Other places where you can watch the Ypres - Arenberg stage are Roubaix (tram or metro from Lille ) or Orchies (25 minutes from Lille by train)

See

ter-sncf.com/Regions/…Default.aspx

for train timetables in the area

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus or train

PS.

For Arenberg it is possible to get a train from Lille to the nearby town of Wallers, and then either walk or a bus from there.

Derby
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus or train

Many thanks for info, i'm sure there will be more Q's later on this from me!!

4. Re: bus or train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:17