We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5-7 July what to do in Lille.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
5-7 July what to do in Lille.

Hi everyone,

We are finally have a holiday away from the kids and staying 3 night in hotel Belle Vue near Grand palace. we are walking down from Eurostar ABOUT 2PM and want some where nice with out side seating to have a few beers first, I have noticed you have to book restaurants, and i must say I am really surprised how expensive every seems since we last came over. We want to see the ceremony at Menin Gate end would appreciate tips on that. Also a nice place for a celebration dinner and some everyday eating places - if possible with outside seating.

doesn't have to be swish - just clean and good food.

It is our 25th anniverary.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5-7 July what to do in Lille.

For "everyday eating places" we dined at Les Compagnons de la Grappe, 26 rue Lepelletier, twice on a recent visit to Lille. Good food, casual atmosphere and reasonably priced. Booking advised:

http://www.lescompagnonsdelagrappe.mobi/

mesh

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
870 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5-7 July what to do in Lille.

"A Galinha", Rue Gambetta, is making fresh Portuguese food. Good for a cheap everyday food. Main + drink + coffee is around 11€.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 5-7 July what to do in Lille.

The hotel that you have chosen is in an excellent location for bars and restaurants.

Just turn left out of the main entrance of the hotel and walk down to the end of the street and you will come to Place Rihour where there are numerous restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets, with plenty of outside seating.

Have a look at www.restaurantsdelille.com/restaurant/. Le Flore and La Chicoree are two of the more well known examples.

You don't have to book any of these restaurants in advance.

I have posted a reply in the Belgium forum about how to get to and from the Menin Gate on Sunday 6th July.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5-7 July what to do in Lille.

We had lunch at La Chicoree (mentioned in above post) on our arrival in Lille, it was very busy with quite a queue for tables, the food was ok.

mesh

5. Re: 5-7 July what to do in Lille.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Lille
Recent Conversations