We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cycling the cider route

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cycling the cider route

Hello!

Hoping someone can help me. I'm travelling solo to Normandy late April, with a particular interest in the cider trail. I was thinking I'd find an Airbnb in/near either Beuvron-en-Auge or Cambremer (along the trail) but I'm struggling to find anywhere nearby that rents bicycles. I thought it'd be a fantastic day cycling along the trail and stopping at cider producers along the way.

Any tips? Anyone done this before? I've found bike hire places in Caen and Lisieux (to the west and east of the trail, respectively), however as I don't have a car I don't know how I'd get the bike, plus me, to the trail.

Really appreciate any help!

Mentioned in this post
Beuvron-en-Auge
Beuvron-en-Auge
Calvados, France
Caen
Caen
Calvados, France
Lisieux
Lisieux
Calvados, France
Versailles and Giverny Day Trip
1,492 Reviews
from US$213.00*
Normandy D-Day Battlefields and...
1,834 Reviews
from US$189.10*
Special Offer
Giverny and Versailles Small Group...
726 Reviews
from US$255.80*
US$284.20
4 replies to this topic
Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
5,150 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cycling the cider route

https:/…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cycling the cider route

Forget about the bike for a minute. You said you won't have a car so how are you planning on getting to Beuvron or Cambremer? Is this just a one day visit? Where will you be coming from? To find a rental bike anywhere in France google "location de vélo (enter the name of a city/town/village)". Google "vélo calvados" or "vélo route du cidre" or "vélo pays d'auge" and you'll find lots of cycling resources for trip planning.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cycling the cider route

We've been thinking we'd spend 3 days in beuvron-en-auge and take our time cycling the cider route. Were you able to find bike hire? How was your cycling experience?

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cycling the cider route

I didn't actually end up cycling! Hired a car from Caen and stayed in Livarot. Everything was so easy to access and the cider trail was just fantastic.

Hopefully you have some success with bike hire!

Mentioned in this post
Caen
Caen
Calvados, France
Reply to: cycling the cider route
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted