We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

I have lots of question broadly answered already but still unsure I am leaving for Arromanche on the 11th june cause I know it will be very busy round june 6th, it may still be when I go, I have car booked so I can go around normandy sites listed below. what I want to know is...

Do they charge for parking at any of the museums epecially "Musée du débarquement" (cause its next door to the hotel I'm staying at)?

whats the traveling time roughly from Arromanches to saint mere eglise or Pegasus bridge

Can you get a "Normandy PASS" from any of the museums on the day you arrive?

is it worth going to the Centre Juno Beach and/or Mémorial de Caen?

Arromanches 360, Batterie de Longues sur Mer, Centre Juno Beach, Dead Man's Corner Museum, Mémorial de Caen, Mémorial de Montormel, Mémorial Pegasus, Musée du Débarquement - Arromanches, Musée du Débarquement - Utah Beach, Musée Mémorial de la bataille de Normandie. + the american and british cemeteries.

any other advise would be really helpful thank you

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

At Arromanches center you have to pay but if you are staying there you can find a place in the streets some where. Elsewhere you don't pay.

Arromanches to Pegasus by the coast road nearly an hour.

Arromanches to Ste Mere Eglise an hour.

For the Memorial it depends how much time you have.

If you have time to see the real thing fully and still have time for the memorial then visit it. If you've still got time to spare consider the Juno center.

Do you realise the Montormel Memorial is over 2 hours from Arromanches.

You can get the normandy Pass at Arromanches museum.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

How can I learn more about the "Normandy Pass"

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

Being a very patriotic Canadian the Centre Juno Beach was high on my priority list when visiting Normandy, and we were not disappointed. It is a Canadian built and managed museum. In the summer university students take you on a tour outside to see the beach and the bunker, giving you more information that you can get on your own. Inside you can get directions to the Canadian war cemetery at Beny sur Mer, which is extremely moving and beautiful. We were the only ones there and had a geat chat with the caretaker.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

YOu can buy the Pass (1 euro) at any of the museums when you pay full entrance fee. From then on you get varying discounts at most other D-Day sites and museums.

5. Re: Expenses, parking, travel time, where to look etc..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 05:38