We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D-Day celebrations on 6th June

Durham
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
D-Day celebrations on 6th June

Hi folks - I've just been to Normandy and was told that on the 6th June each year most of the Normandy villages / towns in the invasion area have some sort of celebration on. I'm planning on going back next year over 6th June, and wondered if there's anywhere I can find out what's on where and at what time? Ideally I'd like to go to St Mere Eglise and Pegasus Bridge on the 6th but not sure how to find out if there are official ceremonies taking place and at what time (so I can see if it's feasible to get to both).

Any advice would be great!

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D-Day celebrations on 6th June

There's a parashoot drop near Ste Mere Eglise on the 5th. I believe it was cancelled this year.

Ther are ceremonies on the 6th at Ste Mere Eglise, Arromanches, Pegasus bridge. Ther are different events in several towns on different dates in June. You need to check on times in the spring.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D-Day celebrations on 6th June

This is a link to some of the events, but you would need to google around to find more - probably (when googgling) focus on the main towns as cpmac suggests Ste Mere Eglise, Arromanches etc

routard.com/guide_agenda_detail/12241/annive…

3. Re: D-Day celebrations on 6th June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 14:18