We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

St Albans...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

We are arriving in Boulogne by Speedferries at 4 pm. We are heading for Quimper in Brittany but will need to overnight approximately 2 hours driving time from Boulogne. This will take me into the Normandy region.

Can anybody provide a recommended hotel with restaurant or one nearby for the overnight stop.

Thanks David

West Sussex
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

Depends on your budget,

Rouen is a nice place to stop pleanty of restaurants and hotels some with parking see http://www.rouentourisme.com/ which is also in English.

Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

If you go via pont d normandie and could drive a little longer, I would plumb for Honfleur, check out the town site, sure to be a wide choice.

Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

Hotel Eden Park **

Centre de Loisirs du Lac

14130 Pont-l'Evêque

Its just off the A13 expressway near Pont-l'Evêque, i reckon this would be 2 hiurs from bologne.

I havnt stayed here but swung the car around in their car park (while lost trying to find a campsite)

It looks nice, I think its a logis hotel, excellent location, right on a big boating lake.

Maybe do a bit of google for info/deals

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

Hotel Dieppe in Rouen(Best western) is not bad and has a very good restaurant. Les Quatre Saisons, I think. It is next to the train station just outside the periphery but it is an easy walk to the old city, cathedral, etc.

Brest, France
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

Hello there,

I'm just back from a 2 day seminar at the Eden Park Hotel in Pont l'Eveque and would NOT recommand it at all !!

It"s dirty, the food is really simple and the rooms are not comfortable at all... DON'T GO THERE ! Even if it's cheap, I would recommand a Campanile Hotel for quite the same price!

Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

I agree with Calvados, try and get to Honfleur, which is roughly 2 hours anyway if you're sticking to the motorways. Lots of nice hotels at all price levels, and loads of restaurants.

If you're heading from Boulogne to Brittany via the motorway then Rouen is going to be quite a bit out of your way just for an overnight stop.

7. Re: Overnight Hotel in Normandy please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 22:19