We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Freeport, New York
9 posts
Save Topic
Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

I am a veteran-I would be there 6/6 Paris and in (Brittany?)

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

What's your question?

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

Hi Bernard

Would love to help but don't understand what your question is.

Freeport, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

I am a Veteran WWll-My wife and me would like to fly to Paris then to bus to Normandy (and maybe Lorient, Brittany?) and back

We would be there in 6/6/2014 for the beaches -Utah and Omaha and from about June 2 to June 9th.. Do you have plans there? .

Essex
Level Contributor
26,738 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

Sounds like you have plans there....

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

Bernard, you don't want to take a bus from Paris to Normandy; you want to take a train. Hotels are already pretty much booked for 20014, as it is such a huge memorial celebration. If you want accommodations, you need to get on this immediately!

How would you get to the actual beaches and celebrations? Doubtful there are buses to the actual beaches. You'd need to take a tour of some kind, and it's quite possible they're already booked solid. Or you will need some sort of local transportation once you're there - a rental car.

And how will you get to Lorient and what do you plan to do when you get there?

I don't know what you mean by "Do you have plans there?" No, I don't, and I doubt many if any on Trip Advisor do, but you seem to, so try to explain a bit more about what you re trying to accomplish, and maybe we can help you.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

I think Bernard probably means are there any organized events happening. Bernard, you may have difficulty finding many hotels very close to the beaches with vacancies. However, I know this doesn't always come naturally to the veterans but use whatever influence you may have and state that you are a US WW2 veteran when trying to make a booking. Not only will the hotel/B&B do it's very best to accommodate you but you may also get a reasonable discount too. Also, contact your local senator who may then be able to get you added to the VIP list for any services going on. We had a US veteran staying with us for the 65th and his senator had him on the list for the service at the US cemetery. Sadly he didn't get to enjoy the food laid on in the VIP tent because he didn't realise that HE was one of the VIPs.

You certainly need to get a train from Paris to Caen or Bayeux and again, if you tell the tour companies that you are a veteran I'm sure they'll manage to incorporate you - after all, you will make their tour so much more interesting, for them and the other customers.

Freeport, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

I am a POW and I was wounded and in Lorient Hospital . We have some French friends in Ile de Groix and Lorient. My wife June and I do around 160 programs for High Schools, veterans, organizations, historical clubs, Etc. and we speak about my story as an ambush, POW and exchanged (the only happened in WWll).

Freeport, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

Did you get this?

Freeport, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

did you get this?

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Normandy Bus and Plane dday 6/6

You are still not being clear on what you want from the forum.

If you are looking for a private tour for the dday sites and lorient, try normandy sightseeing tours.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 18:54
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux