We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near memorial required

Devon, England
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near memorial required

We're running the Freedom marathon in Caen in June and need a hotel near the Caen Memorial (the marathon finish) - any suggestions please?

Thanks

Rob

Special Offer
Normandy D-Day Battlefields and...
1,778 reviews
from US$183.41*
US$221.00
Small Group Normandy D-Day...
51 reviews
from US$258.90*
D-Day Tour Including Guided Museum...
188 reviews
from US$165.40*
Mémorial de Caen Museum and D-Day...
73 reviews
from US$120.00*
Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near memorial required

If I remember the location of the Memorial correctly there are at least 2 x 2 star hotels close by.

Hotel Otelinn & Kyriad Caen Memorial. I use the booking agency Planigo when I can't find hotels myself directly, and they are both on the site. If they haven't got what you want they are very helpful on the phone.

planigo.com/en/…debut

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near memorial required

If you don't have luck with those two then try the ibis or mercure in caen at port de plaisance. The bus stop is outside the door and you can be at the memorial in 10/15 minutes.

3. Re: Hotel near memorial required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 21:19