We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Caen to the Ferry Port (Ouistreham)

Which Caen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mozambique
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Caen to the Ferry Port (Ouistreham)

Hello!

I am already in France, having arrived on the overnight ferry from Portsmouth. Getting into Caen was no problem as there was a bus waiting upon arrival which went right into the city center (purchase ticket at the information desk before boarding bus). It was approximately 1/2 hour into Caen.

My question is getting back to the port from Caen for my 8:30am ferry, which means I need to get there by 7:45 the absolute latest. Try as I might, I cannot find this information easily and it is definitely not mentioned on the Brittany Ferries website. It's as if people take the ferry TO Caen but never seem to take it back to Portsmouth!

Are there buses that run early enough to get to the port by 7:30am? Are there taxis out and about in town or at the rail station that early? I am staying in Bayeux and therefore cannot ask my hotel to call a taxi for me - I will be taking the train to Caen which arrives at 7:05 am.

Thanks for any advice!

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Caen to the Ferry Port (Ouistreham)

The bus that you used from the Ferry Terminal would have taken passengers, if any for the outgoing ferry. If you are in the same part of france check at any Bus Vert bs station for the times from the station and the centre of Caen.

2. Re: Transport from Caen to the Ferry Port (Ouistreham)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 07:16