We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayeux to Ouistreham options

Which Caen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
335 reviews
Save Topic
Bayeux to Ouistreham options

Hi. I've looked through many of these posts but can't seem to find bus information. I'm going to need to get from the Hotel Churchill in Bayeux to Ouistreham port, and I'm looking for the cheapest way.

2 questions:

(1) can i take a bus from Churchill hotel there? If yes, approx cost?

(2) If I take the train from Bayeux to Caen, then how can I see the bus schedules to take me to Ouistreham? I want to make sure there is a bus running to make the 16:15 ferry on saturday. I'd need to know where to get the bus from Caen train station, when it leaves, how much it costs, and how long it takes.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,021 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

http://www.busverts.fr/

Their 'interactve' map shows route No. 30, Bayeux to Caen.

Then route No. 1, Caen to Ouistreham. Can't tell if this goes to the port though.

You should be able to find Schedules on the Buses Verts website, and see if it will all 'work' for you.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

From Caen there's also line N° 19 ferry link.

On the bus vert site there's mention of line 75 Bayeux Ouistreham but it won't give any times.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

The bus station is next door to the railway station and the bus to the ferry terminal leaves from the first bus stand.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

thank you so much, this is what I needed.

Sarasota, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

Could anyone please tell me the approximate taxi fare from Bayeux to Ouistreham. We need to get to the port for an early morning ferry.

Thanks.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

http://www.bayeux-taxis.com/tarifs-fr.html

Give them a call for Taxi prices

Florida
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

I found another post and it was about 70 euro.

Mims, Fl
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

We found these posts while researching for our trip to the Lower Normandy area in May '12.

Our situation is similar in that we need to get from Bayeux to Ouistreham ferry terminal in time to catch the 0830 ferry to Portsmouth.

I see that there is a #19 ferry bus special that leaves from the Caen coach station @ 0640 weekdays except Friday (it will be a Tuesday for us) and arrives at the ferry terminal @ 0707.

The problem is that I don't see a way to get from Bayeux in time via bus or train if I'm reading the schedules right. I'm having to copy and paste the french to a google translator so I could be missing something, but looks to me the earliest bus is @ 0630 and arrives at a variety of Caen locations (that I've yet to decode) @ 0714 to 0734 (bus #30). Train sched looks like 0651 is the earliest and arrives 15 minutes later to Caen.

Help!!! ideas?

We had planned to rent a car for a day or two during our visit so thought of that, but the rental station in Caen doesn't open until 0700...

Mims, Fl
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

I'm thinking the referenced taxi service is the only way.

I'll wait and see what some of you think, but maybe emailing them and paying the premium for the before 0700 time will do it.

Once again, I think I've "decrypted" the sites well enough to have all the times correct and just nothing is coming up as a solution except the taxi.

10. Re: Bayeux to Ouistreham options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 10:16