We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lo to Caen

Level Contributor
181 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
St Lo to Caen

About twelve of us need to get from St Lo to Paris on a Sunday in May. The train connects in Caen but the connection time is a bit tight so we're looking for ground transport (local bus or minibus for hire) from St Lo to Caen so we don't have to worry about delays or running for the train in Caen. We fly out of Paris that night and we can't miss it. Anyone know of ground transport options or companies to Caen from St Lo area?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lo to Caen

How tight is the connection? It's not uncommon in France for connections to be under 10 minutes, and it's never a problem unless a train is late, which has hardly ever happened in my experience.

Level Contributor
181 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lo to Caen

11 minutes. We absolutely cannot risk it. Too tight so we're looking for local bus line or for hire.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lo to Caen

I live just outside Saint Lo and I'd be extremely surprised if there's anywhere that you can hire anything on a Sunday.

4. Re: St Lo to Caen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 05:15