We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train troubles!!!!

Newport Beach...
4 posts
Save Topic
train troubles!!!!

help! I have bought the earliest 6:45 am and latest return to Paris 6:30 pm. When I call the Caen Memorial they say there is an earlier train and a later train but it is not online. I called Rail Europe but they say I have the earliest and latest. I tried going on the train sight listed above www.tgv-europe.com/en but they have the same times. My husband's dad landed on Omaha Beach and this trip to the memorial museum and the beaches is very important to us. help

Edited: 19 June 2013, 01:37
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train troubles!!!!

What date are you traveling?

Newport Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train troubles!!!!

july 11

Newport Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train troubles!!!!

July 11

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train troubles!!!!

I have checked on the web site of the train operator, SNCF. The first train from Paris to Caen on 11 July leaves at 06.45, and the last train back to Paris leaves at 19.35.

Always get train information direct from the train operator. You can get French train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at en.voyages-sncf.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which usually has higher prices and does not list all the trains.

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train troubles!!!!

Hi,

According to the SNCF site there is one train later, at 7.35 pm. It doesn't get into Gare St Lazare until 10:14 pm.

Are you locked into your tickets? Would you not be able to stop the night in Caen and return at a decent hour the next day?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train troubles!!!!

I just checked www.voyages-sncf.com and what I see is earliest train out is 6:45 aam and latest train back is 18:36. Not sure where the others are seeing the other times.

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train troubles!!!!

Nope, it's there.

19h35 FROM (STATION) :CAEN TRANSPORTEUR : INTERCITÉS Numéro du train :3320

Confort2nd class Services à bord

Période

- Blue period

- Seat reservation recommended

Arrivée à :22h14 A la gare de :PARIS SAINT LAZARE

In any case, it only gives the OP an extra hour.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 03:57
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train troubles!!!!

Oh yes, I see it now. Not sure why it didn't show up before but you're right. Just another hour leeway.

9. Re: train troubles!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:18