We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help regarding travel on a Sunday

Which Caen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help regarding travel on a Sunday

Thank you for being here. I feel I have made a mistake and could really use some advice.

I booked the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen for a Saturday night crossing, arriving in Caen Sunday morning at 7am. I have a hotel in Bayeux for Sunday night when I thought I had a rental car. The plan was to rent a car and sightsee on our own for the day and then drive in to Paris the next day. I have been getting different answers from the rental car place I originally contacted a month ago who assured me they were open on Sunday. Now I am finding out they are not and I am seeing that other agencies are also not open on Sunday. Does anyone know one that is open? Or do you have some other suggestions? We are coming the end of July and I am afraid to wait much longer to get this resolved. I haven't checked with guides yet but I imagine they may be booked by now.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Carole

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help regarding travel on a Sunday

There's a list of guides in a top question in the Normandy section.

The heretz place at Bayeux is open everydzy as it's a filling station. You could get a taxi to Bayeux and arrange a car with hertz.

Shrewsbury...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help regarding travel on a Sunday

Cpmac,

Thank you for your reply. Knowing that there is a possibility in Bayeux has really helped me. Hopefully that will work out.

I appreciate your help.

Carole

3. Re: Need help regarding travel on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17