We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Caen to Omaha Beach via Bayeux?

Which Caen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Public transport from Caen to Omaha Beach via Bayeux?

I was planning on getting the Eurostar to Caen, spend a couple of days there then head to Bayeux for a day or two and then on to the Omaha Beach area for another 2 or 3 days before heading back to Caen to go home.

I was wondering what public transport is available and if it runs regularly and is easy to understand/use.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Caen to Omaha Beach via Bayeux?

The Eurostar only goes as far as Paris. You will then have to change stations to get the train to Caen. Personally, if I were without my own transport I would stay in Bayeux the whole time and just go into Caen for the day. Bayeux is a much smaller town and easily walkable. You could get a tour from Bayeux to Omaha beach, or if you want to stay there for a couple of days get a taxi and then walk around the area but it's a strange place to want to base yourself for 2-3 days with no transport. All of these places are so close to each other it's hardly worth moving every 2 to 3 days. I would base myself in one and visit the others.

Public transport in rural France is very infrequent. You won't have a problem between Caen and Bayeux, there are several trains a day but Bayeux to Omaha beach is by local bus service only and they are extremely infrequent.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Caen to Omaha Beach via Bayeux?

You.d be better renting acar unless you haven't got a liçence or are under 21.

3. Re: Public transport from Caen to Omaha Beach via Bayeux?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16