We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monet's Garden Ticket

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Monet's Garden Ticket

I've been trying to purchase a ticket at the Monet's Garden site and it just won't accept it because it says my phone number is not in French style or something like that. Anyone have any idea how I can purchase the ticket for admission in advance? I don't speak French so it was a bit of a challenge but I was getting it until it kept refusing to let me go on without a French phone number style. Thanks for any help!

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

We went to Giverny yesterday morning, clutching our pre-paid, line-dodging tickets. Despite getting there at 9.30am the line was already pretty long. There were signs for group entries and a general entry sign where people were paying but there was no sign for entry with the pre-paid tickets. You literally have to walk to the front of the line, incurring the wrath of those who think you are trying to push in, and ask if you can go straight through with your ticket, which you can, but a sign would be a REALLY GOOD IDEA!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Thiaumerie - I'm at Monet's house and gardens frequently and there is a separate entrance for those with pre-paid tickets and it's not the same line and entry as those people waiting to buy their tickets. As you enter the village going down the main road, before you get to the ticket buying line there is a sign on your right for those with pre-paid tickets and its pointing down a little side alley before Monet's house (the corner of his house/grounds), heading in the direction of the waterlily pond. Just walk down there and at the end of the alley on your left is the entry for those with pre-paid tickets.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 16:53
LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
874 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Thanks French Mysitque, We pre-ordered our tickets, so this is a good tip to remember. We didn't have any problems getting through the process on the website, so am glad we have another "to do" crossed off our list for our trip this September. Also had the same ease on pre-booking our tickets to Versaille as well as for the Private Chambers tour in English. It appeared to be the same web booking for both places.

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Does anyone know how busy Monet's house is in early October?

Troy
Level Contributor
216 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

The same thing is happening to me!

Troy
Level Contributor
216 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

It did not show the United States as a country on the drop down thing so I think that's why it's not accepting my phone number.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,075 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

In French, USA is Etats Unis. Look for this in the dropdown.

Troy
Level Contributor
216 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Thanks so much for the right answer. It we worked! I was so frustrated!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

The Fnac website is very easy to navigate. Just printed off 3 tickets in less than 10 minutes and that included setting up my account. The site is also a SECURE site while the digit ticket site is not and hard to navigate and I understand French

East Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

This worked the best. Thank you for this Link. I never could use the other site no matter how hard I tried.