We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Havre to Honfleur

Lakewood, Colorado
11 posts
Save Topic
Le Havre to Honfleur

Hello All -- arriving in Le Havre on cruise ship on Sunday, july 17, 2011, 7:00a.m.-8:00 p.m. Would like to spend day in Honfleur. Haven't had any success finding out how to get from Le Havre to Honfleur and then return. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks for your help.

Special Offer
2-Day Normandy, Saint Malo and Mont...
117 reviews
from US$449.50*
US$499.40
Special Offer
Normandy, Saint-Malo, Mont St-Michel...
33 reviews
from US$911.30*
US$1,012.60
Special Offer
Normandy, St-Malo, Mont St-Michel...
48 reviews
from US$686.00*
US$762.20
Essex
Level Contributor
29,142 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

bus or taxi.

Browse the Le havre forum, lots of threads on this.

have a look at the busesverts website IIRC it is route 50 or route 20 that will take you across the Pont Normandie and into Honfleur.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,636 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

Here is the link:

http://www.busverts.fr/affichage.php?id=281

Miami
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

Are you on the Costa Magica? We are looking to do something similar since I did not book a D Day tour in time. We will be staying in Paris the night of the 17th but were considering Honfleur, Giverny or Rouen. I saw that there are taxis that you can take but I don't know how much English the drivers will speak. Good luck with what you find.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

The simplest way is to take a taxi. They queue up at the cruise center. You can take a package which includes them waiting then bringing you back or take a one way journey and get a taxi back, which gives you more lee way but complicates things with finding a taxi for the return.

Or rent a car from rentacar le havre

Rent A Car Le Havre <le_havre@rentacar.fr>

They have cars at the cruise center when ships are in. Book ahead though. The smallest car for your group will be enough for the 25 minute drive.

Lakewood, Colorado
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

Hi min1120 -- No, we're coming in on the Crown Princess. Chances are, you'll be in good shape with taxi drivers and English. Each one I've dealt with over the years has had adequate English for us to communicate. The one issue I wish I had an answer to is how much the typical trip from Le Havre-Honfleur costs? They do like to quote you a higher price than typical if they can do so. If you have the opportunity, do the D-Day beaches. Quite an experience! About two weeks ago, there were still some D-Day trips available out of Rouen, but probably all filled my now. Might be worth another search. Best wishes.

Lakewood, Colorado
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

Hello cpmac -- thanks for your reply and suggestions. Unfortunately, we come in on the 17th, a Sunday, and the car rentals aren't open that day. (I did try the one you suggested in hope it might be available.) Would you know the approximate reasonable fare for the taxi trip from Le Havre to Honfleur? Thanks for your time and help. Best wishes.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

That's the advantage of Rentacar at Le Havre. They are allways there when a ship is in. Sundays public hollidays and all.

For a taxi count about 2 € then about 2€ per km for a one way journey. 20€ per hour if they wait. To get to Honfleur and back ther's a 7€ toll for the bridge. I suppose they include that as well.

8. Re: Le Havre to Honfleur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 19:19
Get answers to your questions about Honfleur