We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

London
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

Hi, we'll be staying in Honfleur with our dogs for 2 weeks soon and I'd appreciate any info on dog friendly beaches within reasonable driving distance or pleasant country walks that we could take with them.

Many thanks

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

This site may help you - tele-animaux.com/…plages-autorisees-...

Dogs are allowed at certain times of the day on most beaches, usually early or late in the day, although the 'no dogs' signs rarely bother the Locals.

Some beaches allow dogs at any time of the day and you should be able to find them at the Tele-animaux site.

This time of year they should/must be on a lead - but if you find a remote crowd-free beach use common sense and let your dog run free.

Please clear away any residue your dog leaves and if you want the name and address of a Vet who is recommended for the Pet Passport scheme let me know and I will try to point you in the right direction.

London
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

Thanks for this. I used the vet Dr Violaine just by the roundabout on the edge of Honfleur town centre next to the Etape Hotel last year and she was good. We always pick up regardless of country as any responsible dog owner would. I was concerned by how up to date these websites are as many of them give conflicting info so I'm putting together an xls with beaches and their phone numbers so we can check at the time. This will be our 2nd stay in the area and I'd really like to find some good places to exercise them.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

We have used the Vet you mention, our dog cut his leg chasing rabbits, and I have her on my recommended Vets list as charging €46 for completing a Pet Passport in 2011 before the new regulations came into force in Jan 2012.

Please could you let me know the latest price she charges, or any other Vet you use, so that I can update my list?

http://goo.gl/maps/qyxi6

London
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

We paid 95EUR for 2 golden retrievers to be treated before returning home.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

Thanks for the feedback.

€95 for the two dogs seems a bit high to me now that the Vet has less to do and administer after January 2012 – that's about the highest I've seen since the rules changed.

We use the Vet at Etaples near Le Touquet and he charges €34 for our Border Collie and always gives the dog a really good examination.

As you can see on the Google map prices are usually less than the €47.50 you paid per dog.

6. Re: Dog friendly beaches in reasonable distance of Honfleur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 05:16