We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Harve to Paris by rail

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
Le Harve to Paris by rail

We will be in Le Harve on 10/29/2015 on a cruise, would like to go to Paris for the day ,on the train but it appears the trains don't run on Wednesdays Any suggestions?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

I assume you mean 2014, as there is no 10/29/2015. There are plenty of trains from Le Havre (note correct spelling) to Paris - one every two hours, in fact. Prices right now are 30 euros for 2 people. Where have you been looking at schedules? Use www.capitainetrain.com, or www.voyages-sncf.com if you can manage the French.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

If you are "on a cruise" be very aware of your port time. It is 2-2.5hr by train to Paris, not to mention getting to and from the ship to the station. Lots of travelling for possibly not much....

It is a trip often discussed on this forum in the past, have a browse through some old threads, some give good advice to achedule your day, others say they wish they had made better use of their time.....

Edited: 23 August 2014, 23:17
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

Hello. I am using the SNCF website to try to find the rail timetable from Le Havre to Paris for Saturday, 1 November 2014. I see trains on other days, but am getting an error message when I search for Saturday. I would assume there are trains on Saturdays, yes? I searched for the following Saturday and only a very early morning train appeared. Is there a chance they are actually sold out?! Any help is much appreciated.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

I see the problem. There is probably track work on this day which is also a public holiday.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

Yup, track work looks like the issue, and probably because it's a public holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

Ah! Just my luck, but good to know. Thank you.

Savannah area, GA
Level Contributor
60 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

Keep looking and it may well pop up. I had the same issue booking a train from Paris to Bayeux. All of the Saturday and Sunday trains were unavailable until about 4 weeks out. They were finally all added, just like a normal day. It is my understanding that they just hold them all back until they sort out the schedule, then put the unaffected trains up for sale once they get it all sorted out.

8. Re: Le Harve to Paris by rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 05:15