We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the bridge now open?

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is the bridge now open?

Last year we had problems getting past Rouen on route to le Mans and beyond due to roadworks and the bridge being closed. It took us over an hour to navigate and as towing a caravan was very stressful. Does anyone know what the current road circumstances are? Is there now a clearly marked diversion in place to navigate beyond the city?

TIA

Jules

Tonbridge
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the bridge now open?

Sorry, I'm not answering your question. I only had the car last year and was celebrating the fact that we hadn't taken the campervan (elderly vw and not fun in traffic). Can't imagine how grim it would have been with a caravan. Sat navy kept trying to loop us back. Resorted to a compass eventually but not a great experience. My understanding was that there had been an accident and the parapet was damaged. Can't find anything on t'interweb.

Tonbridge
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the bridge now open?

Me again. about-france.com/tourism/routes-through-fran… suggests the bridge is not open until mid August

Tonbridge
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the bridge now open?

Sorry, that link didn't work. Try this one!

about-france.com/tourism/routes-through-fran…

Neighbours have just returned from the Vendee. Apparently there is a well signposted diversion around Rouen

normandy
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the bridge now open?

It should be open on the 26th (August)....2014

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the bridge now open?

I am due to travel on Friday down past Limoges and would like to go via Rouen. Can anyone update me on the bridge?

Thanks!

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the bridge now open?

It's opening at 5pm today.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the bridge now open?

Thanks that's great news!

Chester,UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the bridge now open?

It is indeed good news. We are heading for La Rochelle next week. It would have been a pain going through Rouen.

Chester,UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the bridge now open?

I can confirm that the new bridge at Rouen carrying the N28 over the Seine is now open. It would appear that they have built a new bridge. We used it on Sunday 7th September this year, 2014.

10. Re: Is the bridge now open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Rouen