We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prem Tickets

Chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Prem Tickets

Hello:

I am hoping to find 3 prem tickets from Tours to CDG (for April 2). However, I cannot find anything on the website. Are these already sold out, or should I keep trying?

Thanks.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
422 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prem Tickets

I managed to retrieve the timetables, but have had no luck retrieving the corresponding tickets. The only PREMs coming up are Tours-Paris Montparnasse (17E).

Alleged Timetable:

Direct trains depart at 8h03, 10h23, 13h33, 16h55, and 19h28.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
422 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prem Tickets

Actually, I can't find any tickets for that route at all. It technically exists on the timetables, but the website doesn't seem to be displaying them at the moment.

Washington state
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prem Tickets

It doesn't appear they are offering PREM fares for that date. It's possible they sold out, but that would be surprising for an April trip.

The best price currently listed on the voyages-SNCF site for your trip is for the "Loisir" fare for 28Euro. This is for TGV station outside Tours (there is a free shuttle from the city to the station) to CDG 2.

[

In some ways this is an improvement over the PREM because you can change your ticket before departure.

According to SNCF: "Ticket can be exchanged and refunded (administrative charge applies) before departure and cannot be exchanged or refunded after departure"

If you want to check for yourself enter St. Pierre des-corps as your departure station and Roissy as your destination station. Their web site does act up at times, so give it several tries

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prem Tickets

They dont do prems on all routes, but the Loisir fare isnt that much higher, and it appears available on all the trains on the 2nd

I don't think the routes to CDG ever has Prem prices.

Washington state
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prem Tickets

I guess that's possible they don't have PREM fares from CDG, but I was able to purchase PREM fare tickets for TGVs departing CDG 2, so it's surprising if they don't offer them on trips to CDG. But things may have changed since last year.

Chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prem Tickets

Hello everyone:

Thank you for all the input. I'll go ahead and purchase the "loisir" fares for 28 euros.

7. Re: Prem Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 09:20