We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

chiselton, uk.
Level Contributor
82 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
First timer

Hi

Staying at chateau des marais campsite near chambord in June this year, we are bringing our bikes with us and would like to know if there are any village shops or markets where we could buy fresh French produce daily near to where we are staying?

Ideally we would like to be able to cycle to shops/markets if this is possible?

Thanks for your help

Geordie

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer

Why don't you have a look at the nearest village. According to the campsite information:

Nearest town/village: Muides-sur-Loire: 1.0km

france-voyage.com/towns/muides-sur-loire-146…

OR

www.muides.fr/

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer

Google Maps will show you where the nearest boulangeries and charcuteries are. Type in Muides-sur-Loire and when the map is on your screen click on Search nearby. Type in Boulangeries or Charcuteries - in fact virtually anything you are looking for. ( I have used it for Restaurants and Chambres d'hotes and it is extremely useful. Obviously it won't say what they are like!)

You will now get a map showing where the nearest - say boulangeries - are plus a list of their addresses which you can print off. If you click on the little yellow man and drag it to any of these places you can 'walk' past and have a look at them. Bear in mind Google usually did their mapping on a Sunday so all the shops will look shut! Also some of the mapping is now quite old so the shops may not still be there. (There is a date at the bottom left hand corner of the 'photograph'.) You can, of course, also find out how far they are from where you are staying.

Muides-sur-Loire, Mer and Saint-Dye-sur-Loire all have boulangeries. Have fun looking and have a great trip!

Haven't looked up the market days yet but if you Google Loir-et-Cher market days you should find a list fairly easily. Isn't the internet wonderful!!

Sorry this is so long-winded. Have waited for one of the experts to suggest this and I am sure they would have been far briefer! Hope I got it right but, if not, I am sure one of them could put it in a more concise way for you!

chiselton, uk.
Level Contributor
82 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer

Hi

that has been a great help - will start researching straight away!

4. Re: First timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 06:17