We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot weather

leyland, lancashire
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hot weather

HI

We are spending a few days in Tours this weekend and looks like the forecast is for hot weather! Is there anywhere we can swim outdoors bearing in mind we will not have a car so will need either public transport or taxis if not walking distance from the centre?

Val de Loire Travel
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Elo Bike Tours
Multi-day Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Factory Tours, Day Trips
Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot weather

Hello,

I walked last week end from Tours to Vouvray and saw some very nice beaches along the way, on the Loire.

If it's going to be very hot, you might prefer to rent a bike for getting there.

It's a lovely area, mostly shaded.

One word of caution: local friends told me it's best not to venture far away from the river bank, as there can be swirls and the bottom of the river is uneven.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hot weather

The Loire can be very dangerous for swimmers for the reason mentioned above. Be very careful.

There are several public swimming pools in Tours. The one closest to the center, located near the train station, is:

Piscine Municipale Gilbert Bozon

35 Rue Galpin Thiou

Tours

leyland, lancashire
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot weather

thank you that is good to know, may just paddle!

leyland, lancashire
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hot weather

Hi thanks, is that pool indoors or outdoors?

leyland, lancashire
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hot weather

Hi Verobaires, how long did the walk take you? Were there people in the water from the beaches?

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hot weather

Alicia, it was a little over two hours until our destination which was a "cave" (wine cellar) in Vouvray.

Yes, I saw people in the water and commented on it, and that's when my friends, who live in Tours, recommended caution.

leyland, lancashire
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hot weather

thanks !

8. Re: hot weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Loire Valley