We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Balloon ride

Singapore
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hot Air Balloon ride

Hi all

I am intending to do a hot air balloon ride when I am in the area during mid August. I am intending to drive around the area. I saw a few recommendations for France Montgolfieres. If I go with them,

1) Where is the best place to start the hot air balloon journey?

2) Is it better to do at sunset or sunrise?

Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Balloon ride

We did sunrise -- there was very little wind, so we didn't see much in the way of chateaux, but it was magical floating above the trees in silence.

I would choose sunrise, as we ended up landing in an empty field, and I would not have wanted to try to fumble my way back to the vans in the dark.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,906 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Balloon ride

You don't get to choose where you start from - make a booking, and the balloon company will contact you to let you know where they are starting

Singapore
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Air Balloon ride

You are right, just saw that they have a specific pick up place.

Any thoughts around doing it on sunrise or sunset?

4. Re: Hot Air Balloon ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15