We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Angers to CDG Airport

boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Angers to CDG Airport

I can't figure out the online train schedule from Angers to CDG.

I'll need to leave Angers on a Monday in late August in order to get to CDG for my 1:30 PM flight back to the US.

It looks like there isn't a direct train to CDG and I might have to go to Paris first.

Any advice?

Thanks-

Jim

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

The first train from Angers direct to CDG doesn' appear to get there until just before 1pm. If you go via Paris you can get a TGV from Angers just after 8.00 and get to Paris Montparnasse at 9.45.

boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

Thank you so much for that information! If we got to Paris that early, I'm sure we could get to CDG in time for an early afternoon flight.

Thanks again!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

IMO the 09:45 arrival at Montparnasse will NOT give you enough of a margin to get to CDG with sufficient time to make your 13:30 departure. With the current increased security at CDG you need to allow 3.5 hours for check-in and the multiple layers of security checks, particularly if you are flying on an American carrier. Three hours would be an absolute minimum.

There is no direct RER link from Montparnasse. It would take you at the very least an hour to get from your arrival platform to your check-in area at CDG via Denfert-Rochereau by métro and RER. A taxi *might* be faster but equally it might take longer. Traffic conditions cannot be predicted from day to day. My guess would be that you would be doing very well to get to your check-in area by 11:00 which is simply too late. You *might* make it but the odds are not on your side and the cost of missing your flight would be very high.

Spend the night before your flight in Paris.

If you believe I am wrong my suggestion would be that you ask on the Paris forum if the people there think that arriving at 09:45 from Angers will allow you enough time to get to CDG for a 13:30 flight to the US.

boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

Thank you again for such excellent advice! I should have known better about making connections for an international flight. I will plan to stay in Paris the night before or look for a later flight on the 23rd. I beleive there is one at 5:00 PM that I could take.

Thank you again.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
96 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

I'm figuring out the same question., but am not from France - so take what I think know with a grain of salt. I went to the Rail Europe web page, put in Angers to CDG and the date (July) and got a schedule that says:

TGV Interconnection 5252

6:43AM Angers St Laud,France 29 Jul

9:14AM Aeroport Cdg 2Tgv, France 29 Jul 2hr 31min

I have a 1:00ish flight, and surely hope that will give enough time.

My ignorance is pretty vast, so I'll be checking back to be sure this is right.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

The good news is that the train exists. The better news is that IF absolutely nothing goes wrong you will get to CDG in time to make your flight. The best news is that if you promise to forget you ever heard of RailEurope I can tell you how to get a ticket on that train for €22 with NO added fees by booking your travel *exactly* three months ahead using www.tgv-europe.com and selecting Great Britain as your "home" country. How much does RailEurope want when you add in any fees?

Now for the bad news. I wouldn't take a train from Angers that will just barely get me to CDG in time for a trans-Atlantic flight. If anything goes the least bit wrong, and TGVs are sometimes late, though not often, and people do oversleep occasionally, though never you, and strikes that you may not even hear of can disrupt rail travel in France, and...

Well, you get the picture. Miss your plane and you will pay VERY dearly for spending one last night in Nantes. Why not take the TGV to Paris the day before and get a decent night's sleep and a quick and easy trip to CDG rather than having to get up at some ungodly hour and be stressed about the possibility of something going wrong?

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

You also have to add on 15 minutes to the trip from Montparnasse to CDG if you're going that way.

Unfortunately the RATP site doen't allow quite enough time for the transfer at Denfert-Rochereau, and you will miss the TRT to CDG by about a minute, and therefor have to wait for the next one.

I had a 14.35 departure I only just made, even though I wasn't having to jump through the extra hoops needed to get to the USA

North Carolina
Level Contributor
96 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

Thanks for all the info. The reason is I'm in a group class and the night before is the big wind-down for the whole week. And I've already bought my plane tickets! May have to trust the travel gods to make it all work out.

9. Re: Train from Angers to CDG Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Angers