We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantes airport to Rennes

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
305 reviews
Nantes airport to Rennes

Hi all,I am traveling to a rowing competition in Rennes, due to flights etc I must travel to Nantes airport,I arrive at 1500 on friday the 9th november, I have never been there so do not know but what is the best way to get to Rennes please? I wont be driving or hiring a car so bus or Train I have checked out SNCF but not sure how long I should allow to clear customs and get from the airport to Nantes train station, I guess 90 minutes, but is there a bus direct from the airport to Rennes?

many thanks in advance

Tony

5 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,169 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Nantes airport to Rennes

Certainly no bus from Nantes Airport to Rennes. If arriving in Nantes from an EU country you do not pass through customs but will have to queue for ID inspection then wait for baggage. That takes as long as it takes. Just head for Nantes station by whatever means is available and take the next train to Rennes.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,169 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Nantes airport to Rennes

The airport website says the bus to the station runs every 20 minutes on weekdays.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Nantes airport to Rennes

If OP is arriving from the UK then there will be immigration control in Nantes (as UK is not part of Schengen). Agree though that you need to get to Nantes train station and take a train to Rennes from there. Check oui.sncf or trainline.eu for train timetable and prices.

Edited: 13 October 2018, 20:38
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
305 reviews
4. Re: Nantes airport to Rennes

thank you ! I am off shortly will let you know how I get on

cheers Tony

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
305 reviews
5. Re: Nantes airport to Rennes

it was real easy at nantes Airport ,used the navette bus 9 euro

didnt bother with the Oui bus as the journey started to get complicated

the train went up from 18 euro to 26 euro at Nantes station,so maybe I should have booked in advance

all in all enjoyed my time in Rennes although shocked at the cost of beer here ;-)

cheers Tony

Reply to: Nantes airport to Rennes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nantes