We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

Which Nantes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
377 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

I am visiting Nantes with my husband at the end of July/Beginning of August. I have been on the Nantes website and read up on the wine trails. It seems to me that some of the vineyards are a bit away from the villages - is there anywhere either centrally in Nantes (where we can walk to) or in the surrounding area that is easy to reach by train (or bus) and is walkable from the station etc or where we can try the local wines and perhaps buy a few bottles?

London
Level Contributor
290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

It is a real shame that Nantes doesn't seem to have anywhere that you can try the local wine - Muscadet - in the town, except of course at the restaurants. It is really worth renting a car and exploring the nearby vineyards for a day.

Alternatively, perhaps you could take the train to Angers. There is a Maison du Vin there where you can taste and buy. Details here:

vinsdeloire.fr/en_EN/…maisons_vins.aspx

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

Thank you for your reply. I was aware of this place in Angers. Can you just turn up? Do you know how much they charge for the tastings?

Thank you.

London
Level Contributor
290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

I've not been there personally, but I am sure you just show up within the opening hours shown on the website. As it is a promotional place for the wines of the region, I doubt you have to pay to taste - there will be lots of educational stuff there too, and you can buy, I believe.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

Thanks. If we go I will report back!

5. Re: Wine Tasting in Nantes & surrounding without a car!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Nantes