We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Nantes to Tours

New Zealand
Level Contributor
140 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Nantes to Tours

Hi everyone.

My wife and I are dropping off a Eurolease car at Nantes airport in September and then need to get to Tours the next day. Could anyone advise the best, cheapest way for us to travel. Is there an option by bus as the train seems very expensive for a 2 hour journey. Any advise would be great.

Cheers

Trickey

Alencon, France
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Nantes to Tours

There's no bus service between Tours and Nantes as far as I'm aware. Only local services within each town. This may be a daft question, but could you not drop the car off at Tours?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Nantes to Tours

The least expensive one way fare from Nantes to Tours booked three months ahead on www.tgv-europe.com is ~€21 which doesn't strike me as outrageous for a trip of some 200 km. There are essentially no inter-city buses in France.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
140 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Nantes to Tours

Thanks for your prompt replies. I wish I could drop car off in Tours but Eurolease doesn't have a centre there and the most convenient/closest is in Nantes.

Looks like a nice place anyway to have a look around?

Do the train prices rise steeply if you dont book 3 months in advance. What would the cost be if I was to just turn up at the station on the day...any ideas?

Trickey

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Nantes to Tours

I just checked on a one way for this

Wednesday on sncf.com Nantes/Tours

and it's about 28 euros.

Edited: 18 May 2010, 04:31
New Zealand
Level Contributor
140 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Nantes to Tours

Great stuff sounds like i can wait and see whats the best option on the day

Thx

6. Re: Travel Nantes to Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Nantes
Recent Conversations