We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camp sites around Nantes

Which Nantes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grimsby, England
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Camp sites around Nantes

I will be travelling to Nantes in September with a few friends and our children to watch England in the Rugby World Cup.

I am hoping to find a campsite with easy access to the centre of Nantes which is 'kid friendly'. I haven't decided weather or not to camp using our own tents or to use on site caravans or tents if they are available.

If anyone has any information regarding any of the above, I would be most appreciative if you can give me a few details.

UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camp sites around Nantes

There is a campsite in Nantes not far from the stadium, but they don't take resevations.

I think you'll find it in www.nantes-tourisme.com

Nantes, France
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camp sites around Nantes

I think Camping du Petit Port would be good. It's very close to universities, right in front of the tramway line,. Not far from La Beaujoire stadium. Not far from nice parks and the river Erdre.

http://www.nge-nantes.fr/camping00.php

Grimsby, England
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camp sites around Nantes

Thank you Neipce 71, I have booked accommodation at Le Petit Port, it looks great, I can't wait until September.

Do you know of any attractions in the area that might suit boys aged between 11 and 13 ?

Clarky

Nantes, France
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camp sites around Nantes

You actually have plenty to do in this area. The large swimming pool of Le Petit Port is at 2 minutes. You've also got a Bowling really close by. The camping is right behind the university.

Another great location really close by is the river Erdre. It's a very lovely river which runs through Nantes. And you have the sailing base of Le Petit Port there ! Which means you can totally try kayak, little sailing boats... Great area really. I am sure they have activities for kids.

You can have a look at this website: http://nack.nantes.free.fr

Last but not least, you have the "hippodrome" of Le Petit Port there with regular horse ridings. It might be fun as well. You can bet on a run.

I am sure you'll have fun !

Cheers

Grimsby, England
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camp sites around Nantes

Thanks for the advice, looks like we will be very busy during our stay in Nantes.

cheers

Clarky

6. Re: Camp sites around Nantes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Nantes