We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets - 14/15 July

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Supermarkets - 14/15 July

Hello

Can anyone tell me will there be any supermarkets open in Saumur on the 14 and/or 15 July?

I know its a public holiday but keen to figure out if Ii should get groceries in advance.

Thanks in advance for any opinion.

Le Mans, France
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets - 14/15 July

Can't speak for Saumur specifically but here in Sarthe department, I've noticed some Super U's are advertising as being open for about 3 hours on Saturday morning, 14th July.

You may find the odd supermarket open for a few hours on Bastille Day - the same as some (but by no means all) French supermarkets may open usually for 3 hours on a Sunday morning. The general rule is that there are more strict trading hours for very large supermarkets so the likes of a Tesco Extra size hypermarket in France might not be permitted to open at all on Sundays (or holidays).

The good news is that in France a holiday is just that so that with Bastille Day falling this year on a Saturday, then there is no Monday holiday in lieu!

It would be safest to get any essential groceries in on the Friday but the likes of most bakeries will be open on both Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,467 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets - 14/15 July

(with the caution that many things are closed on Monday as a matter of course in rural France...)

3. Re: Supermarkets - 14/15 July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2016, 07:15