We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charente barging

kleinmond
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
charente barging

Hi. We are spending a week barging in France on the Charente starting at Jarnac in May.Any tips on our route and what weather to expect -thanks Pam

Mentioned in this post
Charente
Charente
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Jarnac
Jarnac
Charente, France
Cheshire
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: charente barging

HI. Having only just joined the Forum and seen your post I am too late to answer your questions. By now I expect you will have been on your boating holiday. How did it go? I don't expect the weather was too good for you unless you were lucky enough to be there at the beginning of May. We have a house not far from Jarnac and were over for a visit at the end April/beginning of May. The Charente passes very close to our house and we often see the boats going along. Did you go in the direction of Angoeleme or towards Saintes? We are towards Saintes and if you went that way you probably passed close to our house.

Mentioned in this post
Jarnac
Jarnac
Charente, France
Charente
Charente
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
New Zealand
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: charente barging

Hi

my wife and I are booking for July 2009 with Crown Line and wii boat from Jarnack to Rochefort return.

Was this your trip and would appreciate your comments. We did the canals in Burgandy last year and just loved this way to see the sites

3. Re: charente barging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Cognac