We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

Which La Rochelle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

Hi, any help gratefully received. There are a couple of scare stories on here about charges for fuel etc. but I'm basically after any recommendations for a decent car hire firm from the airport. I'll need a baby seat also but I can't find anyone who will hire this separately so I reckon I'll hire this with the car.

Thanks for any help ! Travelling early June

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

I always use AutoEurope. And I always call them, rather than just use the website - 1800-555-2323. The car seat will be an extra charge. I don't know what you've heard about fuel, but in more than 150 rentals from AutoEurope I've never had any fuel issues. If you're worried about it, just keep the receipt from wherever you fill up the tank before returning the car.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,949 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

If the OP is from Nottingham UK, the 1800 number will not work. The UK web site is www.auto-europe.co.uk

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

Will you not need to bring your own baby seat for travel on the aeroplane?

I seem to recollect a similar question to yours and that was the reply.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

Thanks for the replies re: auto-europe, I'll give them a try.

I've never heard of people taking their own baby seat on to a plane. As I'm flying with Ryan Air I don't hold much hope unless its going in the hold. I will research though thanks.

5. Re: Recommended car and baby seat hire from La Rochelle airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:28