We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Rochelle to Ile de Re

Which La Rochelle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
La Rochelle to Ile de Re

We will be staying in La Rochelle at the end of July. I want to visitthe villages on Ile De Re.

Is there a bus service which you can get that visits the villages? And is the timetable such that we can easily 'hop on and hop off'..... I know I have not articulated myself well - basically is the service regular to and from each village and back to La Rochelle.

Thanks

Susan

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

There has been a lot of discussion and information about this if you look back on either the La Rochelle or the Ile de Re forums.

This website might get you started:

www.holidays-iledere.co.uk

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,633 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

This is the link to the bus company that serves the Île de Ré. There are further links from that page to a map and to individual timetables for both the express and the all-stops buses.

lesmouettes-transports.com/se-deplacer/…

Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

Many thanks.

Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

Thank you for the timetable info - unable to read french unfortuantely - I will visit tourist office when we arrive.

Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

Les Mouettes is the bus company that runs between La Rochelle and Ile De Re. For 5 euros you can get a ticket which allows unlimited travel on the island and to/form La Rochelle. The bus starts at the Station and also stops at Place Verdune bus station. We did it this week---amazing trip!

Edited: 25 July 2014, 20:49
La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

Tripper1984, thank you for your recent posts and reviews on the La Rochelle page/ forum, they are really helpful and give up to date practical info. Keep them coming!

7. Re: La Rochelle to Ile de Re

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about La Rochelle