We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poitiers Airport Shuttle

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Poitiers Airport Shuttle

Has anyone taken the shuttle bus from the airport to town centre recently? I am travelling with Ryanair but not sure if the shuttle is operating.

8 replies to this topic
Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

For info of anyone arriving at Poitiers airport there is no bus service from Airport to City centre. There are no taxis waiting at plane arrival. times. I had emailed a company to try and book a taxi but did not get a reply. Fortunately one of the staff at airport rang a company and a taxi arrived within 5 minutes. Cost of taxi to poitiers hotel was €12 . Cannot undertand why a local bus cannot pass through airport even every hour or so. It is only 10 mins or so .

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

I travelled to Poitiers Airport Aug 2015. As stated above, there was no bus service, train service or taxis waiting when our flight arrived. Fortunately I was being collected by friends. I got a taxi back to the airport from my hotel in Poitiers. It seems strange to have an airport so close to the town but with no travel options! We did ask at the airport desk about hiring taxis from the airport and they gave us a number to call. It was for a taxi company nowhere near Poitier! Was not impressed with this airport at all. Make sure you have onward travel arrangements made before you arrive.

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

Good Afternoon, my husband and I are travelling to Poitier from Ireland on Sunday next. How can we go about organizing a taxi if there are no buses at the airport? How much would a taxi cost from the airport to the train station do you think?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

Sorry IrishEyes, this won't help you, but I did want to update my original post with my actual experience last year..

There was no shuttle bus and a queue of 20 people for 2 taxis. I was told there was a bus stop at the ZAC opposite, but as there wasn't, I was advised to walk up the (busy, pavement-less) road, where I would find a bus stop. It was a hot day and I started to drag my case behind me along the gravel, but had hardly got anywhere when an incredibly kind local lady stopped to offer me a lift into town. ( Yay for the people of Poitiers! Boo to the airport shuttle bus!) Without her, I would have been in real trouble, as the bus stop was a LONG way down the road.

Next time, I would definitely have transport pre-arranged. I would go with car hire, myself.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

hello good people does anybody know if child seats are available when one hires a car at Poitiers airport?

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

We arrive on Sunday afternoon and needed to do food shopping are there any supermarkets open near the airport about 5pm

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

Just been to Poitiers airport this week - there is no shuttle bus only taxis. The airport website gives numbers for local taxi companies and they say staff are happy to help you . We emailed the taxi companies to try and book a taxi as we had a train to catch - no reply. We emailed the airport and explained that we needed to get to the train station - no reply. We called the taxi company by phone and were told grumpily that they didn't take booking that far in advance( one week to go) we called on the Wednesday for the flight on Saturday and the grumpy man who answered told me it was far to early and put the phone down. Called on the Friday spoke to a helpful lady who took the booking and the taxi didn't show up. Arrived at the airport and called again - finally got a taxi after missing our train - 100+ euros for tickets for later train - rubbish!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Poitiers Airport Shuttle

I hope your travel insurance covered you for the extra expense.

Reply to: Poitiers Airport Shuttle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted